In addition to collecting taxes, the staff is available to offer assistance and to provide the following:
- Copies of paid tax receipts may be obtained upon request. Taxpayer's requesting a paid receipt must please bring in or mail their entire bill. A receipt will be returned in person or by mail. If taxes are in escrow, the receipted bill will be forwarded directly to the taxpayer.
- Third party notices are available for property owners, who due to illness or age, wish to have a concerned party also receive a copy of their tax bill.
- Second notices are sent out for unpaid County & Town Taxes as of March 15th.
- Partial payments may be made on the County & Town taxes. The first payment must be at least $50.00 of the bill and paid on or before the due date, prior to penalty periods. Each payment thereafter maybe any amount plus any penalties incurred. Four partial payments may be made during the County & Town collection. There may be no delinquent taxes. For school taxes everything would be the same except only 3 payments are allowed.
- Tax Receiver Frequently Asked Questions
Furthermore, any "new property owners" in the Town of Manlius should notify the Tax Office as soon as possible. It takes time for changes in ownership to be reported to the Town. Therefore, a tax bill may be sent to the previous owner. So for your own protection, call and advise the Tax Office where you would like your bill to be sent, as it is the home owner’s responsibility to check on the taxes.