Some highlights of the Town of Manlius Brush removal distict are:
- The 2014 annual charge for Brush enrollment is $30.00. There is no proration for mid year enrollments. There is no refund for mid year cancellations.
- Once enrolled in the brush distict charges will appear on your January property tax bill.
- Brush pick-up runs bi-weekly April through December with two live Christmas Tree pick-ups in January.
- Have your Brush out by 6am on your pick-up day or the night before.
- Brush must be contained in rigid containers and/or bio-degradable bags (no frosted bags) NO PLASTIC BAGS ALLOWED.
- Brush containers must not weigh over 75 pounds full.
- Sticks placed at the edge of the road MUST BE BUNDLED with string or hemp twine (no nylon twine) and must not be over 5 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter.
- No sod allowed.
- Brush put out for collection must not block sewer drains or Town roads.
2014 Brush Collection Schedule by Weeks:
January 6th - January 10th
January 20th - January 25th
March 31st - April 4th
April 14th - April 18th
April 28th - May 2nd
May 12th - May 16th
May 27th - May 31st
June 9th - June 13th
June 23rd - June 27th
July 7th - July 11th
July 21st - July 25th
August 4th - August 8th
August 18th - August 22nd
September 2nd - September 6th
September 15th - September 19th
September 29th - October 3rd
October 13th - October 17th
October 27th - October 31st
November 10th - November 14th
November 24th - November 29th
December 8th - December 12th
December 22nd - December 27th
2014 Holidays & Observances
For those signed up in the Brush removal district:
There will be two live Christmas tree pick-ups in January 2014:
The week of January 6th
The week of January 20th
The Christmas tree pick-up guidelings are as follows:
Real trees only. No artificial trees.
Remove all plastic bags, lights, stands, tinsel and ornaments
The trees do not have to be cut up. They can be put out whole.
No wreaths or garlands due to wire and styrofoam (put these items in the trash)
During these weeks you may also include any extra yard waste you may find on your property.
For those residences currently enrolled in the Trash and/or Brush removal programs through the
Town of Manlius the following is the 2014 holiday schedule and resulting delays in pick-ups:
Week of 12/29/13 Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, one day delay. (New Year's Day)
Week of 05/25/14 All pick-ups Monday through Friday, one day delay. (Memorial Day)
Week of 06/29/14 Friday pick-up, one day delay. (Independence Day)
Week of 08/31/14 All pick-ups Monday through Friday one day delay. (Labor Day)
Week of 11/23/14 Thursday & Friday pick-ups one day delay. (Thanksgiving)
Week of 12/21/14 Thursday & Friday pick-ups one day delay. (Christmas)
* The above information does not necessarily apply to Village residents, If you reside in the Village of Fayetteville, Manlius, or Minoa, please contact your DPW department with any questions regarding your brush and/or trash removal.
Brush not included in the Town's Brush District may be dropped off at the Highway Department at 5970 Clemons Road Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The gate to the highway department WILL NO LONGER BE OPEN after hours or weekends. If you have items that do not qualify for brush district pick up by Syracuse Haulers and cannot get to the highway department during our normal working hours, OCCRA sites at Jamesville and Amboy are open April 2-November 30th on Saturdays 9:00am-4:00pm. There is a small yearly fee for this service. For more information on OCCRA’s compost service, click on the link below, or copy and past it into your web browser:
*If you live in the Village of Fayetteville, Manlius, or Minoa, you must contact your village office for specific information on their brush programs.
E-Waste Options For Households:
Some locations do NOT accept televisions*, please call for details.
· Best Buy (All local stores), Accepts electronics including TVs; some size restrictions apply. Hard drive removal and e-waste pick-ups may be arranged for a fee.
· Bruin Computer Trading (Liverpool), 410-0050, ext. 4
Accepts all electronics (including TVs and microwaves) for free.
· CNY Resource Recovery (Syracuse), 471-0254
Accepts all electronics, including TVs, for free.
· F-M Returnables - (202 W Seneca St., Manlius) 682-4830
Accepts all electronics, including TVs
· Newtech Recycling (Syracuse; located in the same building as Village Office Supply), 463-1112
Accepts electronics including TVs; some fees apply.
Metalico (Syracuse), 463-9500
Accepts all electronics (including TVs) for free.
· Northeast Surplus & Materials (Syracuse), 476-4025 (No TVs)
· OC Management (Syracuse), 458-3242
· Radio Shack Accepts certain electronics via mail for trade-in value.
· Salvation Army (Syracuse), 445-0520, ext. 320
Only accepts items in working condition / recent vintage; no older computer monitors, only accepts flat screen monitors. Call for more information.
· Staples (participating stores, restrictions apply; call for more info.)
Televisions (as well as cathode ray tubes)
Computer Peripherals* (Monitors, Keyboards, Mice or Similar Pointing Devices, Facsimile Machines,
Document Scanners, Printers)
Small Electronic Equipment* (VCRs, Digital Video Recorders, Portable Digital Music Players, DVD
Players, Digital Converter Boxes, Cable or Satellite Receivers, Electronic or Video Game Consoles,
Small Scale Servers
* Computer peripherals and small electronic equipment also include any cable, cord or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into such product.