Trash pick up in the Town of Manlius is performed by Syracuse Haulers. For any questions regarding your trash or recycling pick up, please call Town of Manlius at 637-8815 or Syracuse Haulers 426-6771. Some important things to remember about your trash pick-up are:
- The 2013 annual cost for Town of Manlius trash disposal is $155.00. There is a proration for mid year enrollments. There are no refounds for mid year cancellations.
- Have your trash/recyclables out by 6am or the night before
- Your trash containers/bags must not weigh over 50lbs full
- Please limit the number of trash bags to 8 32-gallon bags. Plastic bags are acceptable.
- You must provide your own trash can and it must not be bigger than 45 gallons.
- Once enrolled charges will appear on your January property tax bill.
Paper & Cardboard
Newspapers & Inserts
- Magazines, Catalogs & soft cover books (hard cover books go in the trash)
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Cardboard (Please flatten)
- Office & School papers
- (Any color, staples included)
- Shredded Paper
- Cereal, Pasta & Other Food Boxes
- Pizza Boxes Empty
- Gift, Toy & Tissue Boxes
- Telephone Books
- Non-Metallic Greeting Cards & Wrapping Paper
Paper Towel Rolls & Toilet Paper Rolls
Mailing Tubes, Paper Bags
- Plastic containers with the #1, #2 or #5: i.e.yogurt and cottage cheese containers
- Milk & Juice Cartons
- Drink Boxes & Soup Boxes
- Water, Soda & Detergent Bottles
- Milk Jugs
- Beverage Bottles & Food Jars (Any color-Beer, Salsa & Jelly Jars)
- Shampoo Bottles
Glass Bottles and Jars
- Beverage/food bottles & jars, any color.
- (i.e. beer bottles, liquor bottles, salsa jars, jelly jars, etc.)
- TO PREPARE: Rinse bottle. Throw away any caps. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Aluminum Baking Tins & Foil
- All food & beverage cans (tin, aluminum, etc.)
- Aluminum foil and baking tins
- Aerosol cans(that contained non-hazardous products)
- TO PREPARE: Rinse food cans, aluminum foil and baking tins. Throw away plastic caps. Empty aerosol cans.
Gable Top & Aseptic Containers
- Gable top containers (milk & containers (drink boxes, soy mild containers, soup boxes)
- TO PREPARE: Rinse and flatten. Remove straws from drink boxes.
Fluorescent Bulbs - OCRRA has free recycling programs for these items:
- Fluorescent tubes can be dropped off at any True Value or Ace Hardware.
- Fluorescent spiral bulbs can be dropped off at any Lowes or Home Depot.
Upcoming OCRRA Events
For more information on the above OCRRA events call OCRRA at 453-2866 or
Some highlights of the Town of Manlius Brush removal distict are:
- The 2012 annual charge for Brush enrollment is $30.00. There is no proration for mid year enrollments. There is no refund for mid year cancellations.
- Once enrolled in the brush distict charges will appear on your January property tax bill.
- Brush pick-up runs bi-weekly April through December with two live Christmas Tree pick-ups in January.
- Have your Brush out by 6am on your pick-up day or the night before.
- Brush must be contained in rigid containers and/or bio-degradable bags (no frosted bags) NO PLASTIC BAGS ALLOWED.
- Brush containers must not weigh over 75 pounds full.
- Sticks/branches may be piled at the road and MUST BE bundled with hemp string or twine. No nylon string.
- No sod allowed.
- Brush put out for collection must not block sewer drains or Town roads.
2013 Brush Collection Schedule by Weeks:
January 7th - January 11th
January 21st - January 25th
April 1st - April 5th
April 15th - April 19th
April 29th - May 3rd
May 13th - May 17th
May 28th - June 1st
June 10th - June 14th
June 24th - June 28th
July 8th - July 12th
July 22nd - July 26th
August 5th - August 9th
August 19th - August 23rd
September 3rd - September 7th
September 16th - September 20th
September 30 - October 4th
October 14th - October 18th
October 28th - November 1st
November 11th - November 15th
November 25th - November 30th
December 9th - December 13th
December 23rd - December 28th
January 6, 2014 - January 10, 2014
January 20, 2014 - Januray 24, 2014
2013 Holidays & Observances
For those signed up in the Brush removal district:
There will be two live Christmas tree pick-ups in January 2013:
The week of January 7th
The week of January 21st
The Christmas tree pick-up guidelings are as follows:
Real trees only. No artificial trees.
Remove all plastic bags, lights, stands, tinsel and ornaments
The trees do not have to be cut up. They can be put out whole.
No wreaths or garlands due to wire and styrofoam (put these items in the trash)
For those signed up in the Brush and/or Trash removal district, the 2013 hoilday schedule is as follows:
- Week of Dec. 23, 2012 ( Christmas Day): all pick-ups Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday only, one day delay.
- Week of 1/1/13 (New Year's) - All pick-ups Tuesday through Friday, one day delay.
- Week of 5/27/13 (Memorial Day) - All pick-ups Monday through Friday, one day delay.
- Week of 7/1/13 (Independence Day) - All pick-ups Thursday through Friday, one day delay.
- Week of 9/2/13 (Labor Day) - All pick-ups Mondday through Friday, one day delay.
- Week of 11/25/13 (Thanksgiving) - All pick-ups Thursday and Friday only, one day delay.
- Week of 12/23/13 (Christmas) - All pick-ups Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday only, one day delay.
* The above information does not necessarily apply to Village residents, If you reside in the Village of Fayetteville, Manlius, or Minoa, please contact your DPW department with any questions regarding your brush and/or trash removal.
Brush not included in the Town's Brush District may be dropped off at the Highway Department at 5970 Clemons Road Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The gate to the highway department WILL NO LONGER BE OPEN after hours or weekends. If you have items that do not qualify for brush district pick up by Syracuse Haulers and cannot get to the highway department during our normal working hours, OCCRA sites at Jamesville and Amboy are open April 2-November 30th on Saturdays 9:00am-4:00pm. There is a small yearly fee for this service. For more information on OCCRA’s compost service, click on the link below, or copy and past it into your web browser:
*If you live in the Village of Fayetteville, Manlius, or Minoa, you must contact your village office for specific information on their brush programs.
E-Waste Options For Households:
Some locations do NOT accept televisions*, please call for details.
· Best Buy (All local stores), Accepts electronics including TVs; some size restrictions apply. Hard drive removal and e-waste pick-ups may be arranged for a fee.
· Bruin Computer Trading (Liverpool), 410-0050, ext. 4
Accepts all electronics (including TVs and microwaves) for free.
· CNY Resource Recovery (Syracuse), 471-0254
Accepts all electronics, including TVs, for free.
· F-M Returnables - (202 W Seneca St., Manlius) 682-4830
Accepts all electronics, including TVs
· Newtech Recycling (Syracuse; located in the same building as Village Office Supply), 463-1112
Accepts electronics including TVs; some fees apply.
Metalico (Syracuse), 463-9500
Accepts all electronics (including TVs) for free.
· Northeast Surplus & Materials (Syracuse), 476-4025 (No TVs)
· OC Management (Syracuse), 458-3242
· Radio Shack Accepts certain electronics via mail for trade-in value.
· Salvation Army (Syracuse), 445-0520, ext. 320
Only accepts items in working condition / recent vintage; no older computer monitors, only accepts flat screen monitors. Call for more information.
· Staples (participating stores, restrictions apply; call for more info.)
Televisions (as well as cathode ray tubes)
Computer Peripherals* (Monitors, Keyboards, Mice or Similar Pointing Devices, Facsimile Machines,
Document Scanners, Printers)
Small Electronic Equipment* (VCRs, Digital Video Recorders, Portable Digital Music Players, DVD
Players, Digital Converter Boxes, Cable or Satellite Receivers, Electronic or Video Game Consoles,
Small Scale Servers
* Computer peripherals and small electronic equipment also include any cable, cord or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into such product.