Planning & Development
All inspections require 24 hour notice and must be made with Town personnel. Requesting scheduled inspections using the voice system will not be honored.
News From the Office of Planning & Development
- For new home, addition, or roof repair permits, see required Notice of Truss Type Form (PDF)
The Town of Manlius Zoning Ordinance (Town Code Chapter 155-22) allows for the parking/storage in the open of one unlicensed operative motor vehicle. No inoperative motor vehicles, licensed or unlicensed are allowed to be parked/stored in the open.
|Fence & Fencing - The Town of Manlius currently does not regulate fencing on private/commercial property unless the fencing relates to a swimming pool, hot tub, spa, etc.|
|Sheds - Sheds are considered accessory structures as long as they are not occupied as dwelling units or part of the main structure. Any shed or playscapes less than 100 square foot do not need a building permit, however, the setback requirements for each zone are still applicable.|
|Deck - Deck construction, whether affixed to a structure or stand alone, requires a building permit. Modifications to an existing deck: replace rotted flooring, stair treads, railing tops, side spindles and general cosmetic repairs like painting/sealing do not require a permit. Questions on how to build a deck can be found on or website by going to: Planning and Zoning- Quick Links on right hand side- click on Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide.|
Premises Identification - Fire Code Chapter 505.1
All buildings and homes shall have approved address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property.
- Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals or alphabet letters.
- Numbers shall be a minimum of 4 inches high with a minimum stroke of a half inch.
- These numbers shall contrast with their background.
Flood Zone Information
Flood Hazard Maps for the Town of Manlius are located within the Planning and Development office at the Town Hall. Flood Hazard Maps are determined and produced by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Properties located within designated flood zones are subject to special building and development requirements.
Please visit the Town of Manlius Code online to view more information on Flood Damage Prevention in the Town.
- Application for Building Permit 2018
- Town of Manlius Code Complaint Form
- Notice of Truss Type Form (PDF)
- BP Fee Schedule
- 2016 NYS Standards and Specifications for Erosion & Sediment Control Updates
- How to Deal with Sewer Backups (PDF)
- Local Law 2011-2 RM Zone (PDF)
- Third Party Building and Electrical Inspectors List
- 2018 MS4 Stormwater Report
- Gardens and Gutters - August 2018
- Hazard Mitigation Plan