- Trash & Brush
- Brush Pickup
This Brush District is for the Town of Manlius. If you live in the Village of Fayetteville, Manlius or Minoa, please contact your village for questions about your brush pick-up. Brush pick-up is a bi-weekly service that runs from April of the year through December. Each January there are two live Christmas tree pick-ups. There is no brush service in February and March.
The 2023 brush collection season begins the week of April 3, 2023! The general brush collection will continue bi-weekly through the week of December 26, 2023. There will be two live Christmas tree pickups during January 2024. The tree pickups are the weeks of January 8th and 22nd of 2024. Please note that the two Christmas tree pickups will be for Christmas trees only.
Brush pickup in the Town of Manlius is performed by Syracuse Haulers. For any questions or problems with your yard waste pickup, please contact Syracuse Haulers at (315) 426-6771, in addition you may call the Town of Manlius at (315) 637-8815. Sharon Lake, Trash & Brush Coordinator can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Cost of Service
The annual cost for Town of Manlius brush disposal is: $64.80
There is no pro-rate for mid-year signup.
Once a residence is enrolled in the Brush District the charge will appear on the property tax bill every January.
The deadline for cancelling a brush service is September 1st. The request must be submitted in writing and include a contact phone number. The cancellation will be effective January 1st of the following year. There are no mid-year cancellations.
Pick Up Schedule
Pickups will occur between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Inclement weather may create delays. All brush must be placed curbside or at the edge of pavement in front of each property the night prior to designated collection day or by no later than 6 a.m. the day of your pickup. Any brush put out for collection must not block sewer drains or town roads.
Collection of brush may include:
- Christmas trees (January only)
- Grass clippings
- Tree and shrub branches
- Vegetation (pumpkin and apples)
Items Not Included
Items which are not to be included in brush are:
- Construction and demolition materials
- Lot clearing waste
- Dirt, rocks, stumps and sod
- Rubbish, garbage, refuse and recyclables
- Trees that have been removed, stumps or limbs and branches that exceed 3 Inches in diameter and 5 Feet in length. Any branches/boughs exceeding these size limits can be collected by the hauler for a fee.
Christmas Trees may not have ornaments or tree stands attached. Christmas trees must not exceed six feet in length. If your tree exceeds this length you must reduce the size of your tree by cutting off enough so that all sections do not exceed six feet in length. This is to prevent damage to the trucks.
Preparing Brush for Pick Up
- Brush put out for collection must not block sewer drains or roads.
- Limbs and branches should be tied in bundles with twine or string (no wire or nylon twine) whether or not placed inside a rigid container.
- Branches may not exceed 5 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter.
- Containers and bundles of brush may not be more than 50 pounds each.
- Containers of mulch must not exceed 20 to 25 pounds.
- No materials will be collected in plastic bags (they are not recyclable).
- During winter months please be sure to keep your brush containers & Christmas trees free of ice and snow on the day of your pick-up.
- There is currently no limit on the amount of brush you may put out on a given pick-up day for collection. However, if you are planning on having an unusually large amount of brush please contact Syracuse Haulers (315) 426-6771 to give them a heads up.
Another option for the disposal of your branches, trunks, and boughs is to take them, free of charge, to the Town of Manlius Highway Department located at the corner of Clemmons and Route 290. You may drop them off there Monday through Friday, 6am to 2:30pm. This drop off location is closed on holidays.
Please note that the Town of Manlius Highway Department does not accept any yard waste from landscapers and commercial landscapers.