Sustainable Manlius is the Town of Manlius’s environmental group that is made up of community and board members. We are working to start the transition towards renewable energy, raise awareness of environmental issues, and promote sustainable public policy in the Town of Manlius. Sustainable Manlius meets virtually on the first Thursday of every month.
Sign up for our Mailing List and Follow Us on Social Media
Town of Manlius Climate Action Plan
The Town of Manlius has adopted a Climate Action Plan (CAP). The goal of the CAP is to set targets and act as a plan for reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in the Town of Manlius, both from municipal operations and the community-at-large.
Have you considered an EV?
It’s a performance vehicle that will save you money.
- Instant torque allowing you to quickly speed up and merge onto the freeway
- $1.24 per eGallon (U.S. Average)
- Latest technology such as driver assist lane tracking, emergency braking, and over-the-air updates
- Less maintenance
- Safer. EVs are ten times less likely to catch fire than conventional cars
- And, of course, they’re better for the environment.
Be Sustainable in Manlius
Practicing environmentally friendly habits can go a long way, and it doesn't require much effort. Learn about new routines and about key changes you can make to your daily life that can help the environment that are easy and fun.
Recycle & Support Sustainable Manlius
Donate your returnables to Sustainable Manlius Committee at FM Returnables. Our account number is: 965813. Thank you for recycling!
Sustainable Manlius created a webinar series celebrating Earth Day to learn how we can help our environment while saving money.
To watch a webinar, click the title of the webinar you are interested below.
April 1, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 8, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 15, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 22, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 29, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
The Town of Manlius became a Certified Bronze NYSERDA Clean Energy Community in March of 2022.
- Benchmarking Resolution
- Converted street lights to energy efficient LED technology saving taxpayers money.
- The Town Board adopted the Unified Solar Permit on February 26, 2020.
- Train compliance code enforcement officer in energy code best practices
The Town of Manlius took the Climate Smart Community Pledge on April 22, 2020.
The Climate Smart Communities program has 100's of actions we can do to work toward becoming a certified Climate Smart Community. Take a look at all the actions at https://climatesmart.ny.gov/actions-certification/actions/ and let us know if you see any actions you would like the town to look into.
- Adopted the Town of Manlius 2023 Climate Action Plan on July 26, 2023
PE2 Action: Government Operations Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- PE2 Action: Community Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- View the Town of Manlius Community GHG Inventory (pdf) complied by the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board
- PE8 Action: Buy Local/Buy Green Campaign
- The Town of Manlius is supporting the Greater Manlius Chamber Buy Local #ShopGreaterManlius campaign going on right now. Sustainable Manlius will be supporting this campaign by highlighting how buying local can be a green choice.
Town of Manlius Electric Vehicle Survey
The Manlius Town Board partnered with Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy, a graduate student from Syracuse University’s Maxwell School, for her research project centered around electric vehicles. Thank you for sharing your thoughts by April 22, 2020 about electric-powered vehicles by taking a survey. Below is Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy's final report.
Final Report: Landscape Survey of Electric Vehicles for Town of Manlius
Interested in being the Community Chair of Sustainable Manlius? Email firstname.lastname@example.org