- Sustainable Manlius
Sustainable Manlius is the Town of Manlius’s environmental group that is made up of community and board members. We are working to start the transition towards renewable energy, raise awareness of environmental issues, and promote sustainable public policy in the Town of Manlius. Sustainable Manlius meets virtually on the first Thursday of every month.
Sign up for our Mailing List and Follow Us on Social Media
Join our mailing list for updates from Sustainable Manlius and follow us on Facebook & Instagram.
Kia of East Syracuse EarthFest 2023
April 29th, 2023 10AM - 3PM at Fayetteville Canal Landing Park
Rain Date: May 13th, 2023
Sustainable Manlius is partnering with Renewable Fayetteville to bring EarthFest back for 2023! This year EarthFest will be held at Fayetteville's Canal Landing Park. With even more EV's to showcase at the EV Car Show, Music, Food Trucks, Fun Activities for kids and more, EarthFest will be an amazing event celebrating sustainable practices, products and more.
Learn how you can electrify your ride, home and more at EarthFest 2023! Visit “EV Row” where you can see a variety of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles and their owners. Meet with local organizations who offer great educational resources and volunteer opportunities to help make our community a more sustainable and eco-driven community. Connect with local business owners and learn how their business is striving to help our community reach our sustainability goals.
Want to be part of EarthFest 2023?
Sign up to be a sponsor, reserve a booth, volunteer and sign up to display your EV:
Sponsorship & Booth Registration EV Car Show Registration Volunteer at EarthFest
Have you considered an EV?
It’s a performance vehicle that will save you money.
- Instant torque allowing you to quickly speed up and merge onto the freeway
- $1.24 per eGallon (U.S. Average)
- Latest technology such as driver assist lane tracking, emergency braking, and over-the-air updates
- Less maintenance
- Safer. EVs are ten times less likely to catch fire than conventional cars
- And, of course, they’re better for the environment.
Learn More at Drive Electric Earth Day's website or visit a local dealership today!
Be Sustainable in Manlius
Practicing environmentally friendly habits can go a long way, and it doesn't require much effort. Learn about new routines and about key changes you can make to your daily life that can help the environment that are easy and fun.
Check out our information sheet for tips, ideas and resources that can help you.
Get Sustainable, Manlius! Campaign
Sign up for an evaluation of your home by expert installers for energy efficiency improvements like insulation and heat pumps with HeatSmartCNY, express your interest in community solar, or just get involved!
Recycle & Support Sustainable Manlius
Donate your returnables to Sustainable Manlius Committee at FM Returnables. Our account number is: 965813. Thank you for recycling!
Sustainable Manlius created a webinar series celebrating Earth Day to learn how we can help our environment while saving money.
To watch a webinar, click the title of the webinar you are interested below.
Here Come the Sun: A Panel Discussion on All Things Solar
April 1, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
Let's Talk Trash: Recycling & Composting
April 8, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
Electrify Your Ride: Electric Vehicles & Bikes
April 15, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
Go Green! Save Green!
April 22, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
Get Pumped with Heat Pumps!
April 29, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
NYSERDA Clean Energy Community
The Town of Manlius is a designated NYSERDA Clean Energy Community.
- Benchmarking Resolution
- Converted street lights to energy efficient LED technology saving taxpayers money.
- The Town Board adopted the Unified Solar Permit on February 26, 2020.
- Train compliance code enforcement officer in energy code best practices
NYS Climate Smart Community
The Town of Manlius took the Climate Smart Community Pledge on April 22, 2020.
The Climate Smart Communities program has 100's of actions we can do to work toward becoming a certified Climate Smart Community. Take a look at all the actions at https://climatesmart.ny.gov/actions-certification/actions/ and let us know if you see any actions you would like the town to look into.
PE2 Action: Government Operations Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- View the presentation slides from ESF SUNY students presented to the Town Board on April 28, 2021.
- Download Powerpoint Presentation | View GHG Inventory Final Report (pdf)
- PE2 Action: Community Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- View the Town of Manlius Community GHG Inventory (pdf) complied by the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board
- PE8 Action: Buy Local/Buy Green Campaign
- The Town of Manlius is supporting the Greater Manlius Chamber Buy Local #ShopGreaterManlius campaign going on right now. Sustainable Manlius will be supporting this campaign by highlighting how buying local can be a green choice.
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Town of Manlius Electric Vehicle Survey
The Manlius Town Board partnered with Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy, a graduate student from Syracuse University’s Maxwell School, for her research project centered around electric vehicles. Thank you for sharing your thoughts by April 22, 2020 about electric-powered vehicles by taking a survey. Below is Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy's final report.
Final Report: Landscape Survey of Electric Vehicles for Town of Manlius
Katelyn Kriesel, Councilor
Aerik Radley, Community Chair
Elaine Denton, Councilor
Allison Weber, Town Clerk