What if I am a victim of a crime?
If you are a victim of a crime that occurred within the Town of Manlius, you should report the crime as soon as possible by calling 911, or you may come into the Police Department to file a complaint. We do not take reports over the phone. If the crime occurred outside the Town of Manlius, you need to contact the police agency within that jurisdiction to report the crime.

When this Police Department receives your complaint, we will ask the particulars of the incident. In most cases, we will ask you to provide a supporting deposition so that we can proceed with criminal charges if an arrest is made. Your participation in the investigation is crucial and we will maintain contact with you throughout the investigation. If you discover information that may assist in the investigation, you should contact the Police Department immediately. If an arrest is made, we will forward a copy of all relevant reports to the Onondaga County Districts Attorneys Office and we will testify in court as required.

The DA's office is responsible for prosecuting the person(s) arrested for the crime and therefore would likely contact your for additional information. You may also contact the DA's office to determine the prosecutorial status of the arrest. Persons under the age of sixteen (juveniles) are handled by the County Attorney's office.

Show All Answers

1. Which phone number should I call for police assistance?
2. What can I do if I learn of a youth party with drugs and alcohol being involved?
3. Which court should I go to?
4. When is all night parking prohibited?
5. What should I do if I am stopped in my car by the police?
6. How many drinks does it take to become legally intoxicated?
7. What do I do if someone is missing?
8. How do I locate sex offenders in my area?
9. Where can I find information on my local laws?
10. How do I obtain a handicap parking permit?
11. How do I commend or file a complaint against the police department or one of its officers?
12. What if I am a victim of a crime?
13. What if I've experienced financial hardship as a result of a crime?
14. How can I get a copy of a report?